Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Not happy, Jan



This week has been a doozy for people not doing their job/s properly.

There has been a handful of incidents this week where I’ve been let down because:

a) People forgot to plug in their brain in when they woke up in the morning
b) They hate their job so much that they want to take it out on customers
c) They are just bad/angry people in general and don’t care about anyone/thing
d) They didn’t double-check details before rudely attacking and making accusations, and then failing to apologise when they were wrong

…I could go on and on.

It’s just so frustrating. I work in an industry where clients expect over and above the service you provide for them and I have no problem with that because I know I will make them happy by doing a good job. When you have a work ethos like this, you make the mistake of assuming everyone is just as hard-working and dedicated as you are to their job and clients/customers.

WRONG!

People don’t care and many are just put on Earth to let you down or make your day hell.

I forked out nearly $4000 for a trip recently to have all the dates/paperwork stuffed up. No real explanation from the travel agent as to why she decided to provide me with incorrect information, I guess she just felt like being particularly bad at her job that day. It’s just that I’m made to look the fool because I had to contact her on four or five different occasions to clarify things (of course if she had done the right thing in the first place she could have given me a smile and bid me adieu).

And today I was falsely accused of having an outstanding amount owing to a business publication. I got a rude email from a snotty office bitch claiming that if we didn’t pay in full by the end of the week that she’d send the collection agency after us.

Um… lady? Hello in there? If you’d just looked up your files properly you would see that the account was paid in full nearly four months ago.

I am just over this crap at the moment. I really should stop caring so much then I wouldn’t be so surprised when people let me down.

1 comment:

  1. For the record, the publication did confirm they received the payment and gave a feeble little 'sorry about that!'

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts? Please leave a comment!