Monday, June 28, 2010

Up and blogging

So I have finally decided that I should start a blog.

Don't worry - it's not one of those hyper-opinionated, bitchy, whiney blogs. Rather, a frequent reflection of my life and the things that go on in it.

I guess the reason I wanted to start a blog was a) because people have told me I should try it; b) sometimes I feel like it's easier to get my head around things if I write them down and c) I've never really had a good crack at keeping a journal, so I guess this is the next best thing!?

Another thing is that I am in the throws of planning my October wedding and I thought a blog documenting the time leading up to the big day might be a good idea. To say the least, planning a wedding has been a pretty stressful, horrendous process for what is supposed to be 'the happiest day of your life'. Don't get me wrong - my fiancee and I are so excited for the day to come, it's just that you can only talk so much about table cloths, organza ribbon, cake flavours and the size of wedding dress hoops. I am sure it will be a wonderful day.... with lots of poufy-ness and tears (of happiness!)

My blog will also document any day-to-day topics that come across my desk that I feel might be important to discuss, or maybe they might just be a fun deter from the daily grind and include jokes, quotes or sticky scenarios I find myself in. I really love to cook as well, so don't be surprised to read a recipe I've tried and mastered (or failed) or a restaurant I've discovered.

Feel free to make comments (nice ones of course!) and open up discussions if you feel you'd like to.

Cheers,
Ash

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts? Please leave a comment!