Monday, June 28, 2010

Woof - a dog's life



I've often said to my better half, that if I were to come back as any animal, it would be a dog. As I go to work in the morning, I will often look at my dog, basking in the morning sun and think "urgh I wish I could be doing that right now".

How hard can their lives be? Dogs have it so good - they live to make us happy, and are at their happiest when being walked, bathed or fed. They don't need to worry about mortgages or interest rates, world famine, appointments, work commitments or school fees.

My dog, Charlie, is a Cocker Spaniel and is a seriously pampered pooch (to the point where I think we have ruined him...) but I wouldn't have it any other way. What he does to my shitty, black temper on days where I come home from work and am literally red in the face with frustration, is amazing and definately therapeutic. One lick on the cheek and wag of a tail from Charlie boy makes it all seem so stupid.

If you have a dog or any well-loved family pet for that matter - take a leaf out of their book and take happiness from the most simple things in life - don't sweat the small stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts? Please leave a comment!