Wednesday, July 14, 2010

I don't wanna forget

I have been thinking about activities and such I did when I was a kid – Little Athletics, art and craft with my grandmother, going to McDonald’s parties on the weekend, dancing concerts, Blue Light Discos, and going to several Disney Dancing on Ice productions with mum.

Not to forget the lovely ensembles I wore growing up in the nineties (I was born in ’85 so there was a lot of fluro clothing, scrunchies, long scrunched up socks worn over leggins’ (not the type Lindsay Lohan wears, rather the oddly patterned stretch cotton ones from Target).

I recently decided I was going to get serious about documenting the things I’ve done in my life; the places I’ve been to, people and sites I’ve visited and the experiences I don’t want to forget. My soon to be mother-in-law and I have kind of caught the scrapbooking bug (late I know) and it’s got me hunting for long-lost photos of my past… without much success.

The thing is, I remember doing so many of these fun things growing up, but I can’t find many photos to document any of it.

It annoys me that there are probably rolls of undeveloped film sitting at mum and dad’s place with oodles of lost memories on them. The thing is, how do I go about finding them? Gah…

I’m not worried that I’ll suffer dementia (yet) but it would be nice to be able to reflect upon things I’ve done in pictures. For now I guess I will have to settle for a raid of mum’s cupboard where I might find some pictures of me in all my scrunchie-wearing glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts? Please leave a comment!