Friday, July 23, 2010

I will remember you

On Sunday I watched a movie called ‘Remember Me’. It was devastatingly sad to say the least. The thing I took from it was that it’s important to cherish the little moments in life because you don’t know what is waiting for you ‘round the corner.

So, that night over our roast dinner I cracked a bottle of French champagne that I was saving for no particular reason. And it was so good – we sat down, drank, ate and yelled at the NRL game on the telly while wearing our trackie-dacks and Ugg Boots.

I got great comfort from being able to relish in the simple things that really make me happy. It’s sad that many people don’t stop and make the time to enjoy what they have; rather it’s all about work, or being better or richer or skinnier or blah blah blah… whatever.

I’m not saying that people should listen to me at all, or even care what I am talking about. I’m just saying, be grateful for what you have because you don’t know when it’s going to be taken away from you.

Just think about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts? Please leave a comment!