Thursday, July 29, 2010

Sometimes you're just doomed to FAIL



I have had a shocker of a week.

Don’t you just hate it when something goes wrong and all you want to do is try and fix the problem, but your help is deemed ‘unhelpful’? You feel like a hindrance more than anything else, and worse, seen as one?

That was me on Tuesday arvo. I stuffed up on such an epic scale it’s not even funny. When I had realised what I’d done my ears started ringing like I was going to faint, my hands were clammy and I was staring into space because I couldn’t fathom what I had done. I felt like a total failure.

The thing was, I didn’t admit that I actually made a mistake. See I am a pretty proud person (I feel that this is down to the fact that I am a Taurus, which I am also proud of) and it isn’t in me to admit defeat.

I actually ended up solving the problem, which I was soooo relieved about, but I still didn’t admit that it was me who had done the fudging. I just kept my inner monologue of screaming and swearing to myself while I quietly freaked out about how I was going to fix the issue.

I guess my over helpful façade didn’t do me any favours. My guess is that I probably gave myself away.

I don’t know if I have learned my lesson. I guess I need to be more careful next time so that the same problem doesn’t happen again, but I won’t be saying “Sorry, I did that.” Call me stubborn, but that’s just me.

And today, I have just been an illiterate mess. I can’t seem to write anything down the way my brain told my hand to – it just comes out a jumbled puzzle on paper so that when I read it back, it makes about as much sense as a monkey trying to speak Spanish.

So, please don’t call me today and ask me to relay a message, because I won’t be able to take it down properly.

Some days you just shouldn’t get out of bed… but tomorrow is Friday and hopefully my luck will turn over the weekend!

x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts? Please leave a comment!