Thursday, February 2, 2012

Doing it her way


I love myself some Gwenyth Paltrow. My favourite Gwennie movies are definitely Great Expectations and Shakespeare in Love. And whether or not you're a lover, a hater or a GOOP reader, I'd like to just post some love for one of my fave actresses.

I have always admired this classy, gorgeous blonde woman and want to share some snippets from her recent interview with Harper’s Bazaar US where she discussed Botox, marriage, family and fashion.

On marriage:


Not a day goes by when we don’t read about yet another celeb couple calling it quits. Gwyneth’s refreshing stance on her nuptials to Chris Martin show why they are still going eight years strong.

I think you do fall in and out of love and you just keep going, and every time you go through a really difficult phase, you rediscover something new and it just gets better. We’ve been married for more than eight years now, and we’re still into it.’

She is quoted crediting her father for offering practical marital advice and admires his 30-year marriage he had with her mother, Blythe Danner.


On Botox and diets:


With her gorgeous complexion and killer bod, you’d think that she was privy to a few cosmetic enhancements here and there, but it’s all down to eating things in moderation and her desire to age gracefully.

When she’s not detoxing, Gwenyth says she lets herself splurge now and again – she doesn’t have any strict rules that she adheres to.

‘I eat whatever I want. I like bread and cheese and wine, and that makes my life fun and enjoyable.’

And she definitely won’t be turning to synthetic injectables in her bid to keep her youthful looks.

‘I’ll take my wrinkles. I don’t like the Botox thing,’ she says.
 

On fashion:

Something she wants to pass on to her daughter Apple, is her fashion and style – she has kept some of her most cherished red carpet looks for her little girl.

‘I've been saving my clothes for her since before she was born,’ she says. 

'She likes anything that's pretty, pretty, pretty or has a bow or a ruffle or is pink.'


The March edition of Harper’s Bazaar comes out February 14.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts? Please leave a comment!