Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Being positive. Because I choose to be.


Getting shitty at life is so easy.

I have found that thinking negative thoughts, becoming upset over spilt milk and always thinking the worst is a place where we, on occasion, find ourselves.

At times being a grumpy bum feels like the best option when you couldn’t be bothered trying to be upbeat – hey, if you’ve been by waves of disappointment, it’s hard to remain optimistic when you’re stuck in a rut.

Personally, I dwell on things. I try my hardest not to go back to these thoughts and think about something else, but certain things get a hold of me and I’ll find myself back in my little room of negativity, dwelling over what could have been, mistakes I’ve made and regrets I, regrettably, have.

Obviously I’m not divulging what these things are, but I can tell you that I’ve had enough of my own stupidity.

I am not sure why I choose to be this way, but from today onwards I am getting over it and moving on with my life in a positive way.

My dad gave me a beautiful book a few years ago by Dr Wayne Dyer called Being in Balance. It’s basically about the way you think and how you can take positive steps to change your thoughts, which in turn, change your life. It’s an amazing book.



This morning I read the most inspiring quote by Dr Dyer:


You can sit there forever, lamenting about how bad you've been, feeling guilty until you die, and not one tiny slice of that guilt will do anything to change a single thing in the past. Forgive yourself, then move on.

This is really what I needed to read – it sounds lame, but I think that I was meant to read this. The most important part of this quote is where it says “Forgive yourself, then move on.” I forgive others easily, but not myself, so that’s something I know I have to work on.

I want to be in a place of positivity – Lord knows that this year is going to be one of the biggest in mine and my husband’s life so I want to mentally prepare myself to be the best person I can be. I owe it to Ben and my family and friends and especially myself – if I allow them to, good things will happen.

With a lot of faith and most of all forgiveness, I feel like I’m heading in the right direction. I think it’s hard to admit you stuffed up, but it’s even harder to hang on to those thoughts and not let go of them.

Thanks for letting me indulge this little post – I hope that I’ve inspired others to let go of some negativity in their lives too.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts? Please leave a comment!