Friday, February 18, 2011

Not a Belieber

Okay, I do NOT understand the phenomenon that is Bieber. WTF?? There is something about this kid and his know-it-all attitude that is seriously getting to me.

I know that I am not an over-stimulated, hormone driven 15-year-old girl anymore, but this kid seriously is out of line with some of the crappola that is coming out of his mouth.

What is concerning is that his God-like status amongst everyone under the age of 17 (and many others much, much older) gives him a free ticket to do/say/sing what he likes.

This week a new interview between Rolling Stone Magazine and Bieber was published. The ‘teen sensation’ was asked about girls, love, sex, politics and everything in-between, and his responses (in my opinion) were….. well, you decide.


Sex: “I think you should just wait for the person you're...in love with”.

Aw, that’s nice Justin, but not how the world works, honey! At least this is a positive message for your younger fans.

Politics: "I'm not sure about the parties," Bieber says. "But whatever they have in Korea, that's bad."

Wow… um okay. Embarrassing much? For someone looking for world-domination you would think he would actually know what is going on in that said world? 

On America: The Canadian-born boy calls Americans “evil” and has no plans to become an American citizen. He also disses the US health-care system (or lack, there of).

On abortion: “I really don't believe in abortion" Bieber says. "It's like killing a baby." How about in cases of rape? "Um. Well, I think that's really sad, but everything happens for a reason. I don't know how that would be a reason. I guess I haven't been in that position, so I wouldn't be able to judge that."

No, that’s right Justin, you haven’t been placed in a situation like that and you don’t know how it feels, so please don’t give your opinion! PUNK! These comments really upset me!

PalindromicGirl on Twitter says: When Bieber is old enough to become pregnant herself, then maybe she'll understand.

I totally see now that people share my same confused frustration with this kid making comments about life issues that he has no idea about. I also understand the 'Bieber is a girl' references.... because as a 16-year-old boy commenting on girl issues - he has NO clue.

I just think that if you’re going to be in the lime-light and take a stance on issues that you feel are important, maybe first take a step back and think about how your comments come across to the public and fans. And maybe, if you don’t know what you’re talking about; don’t say anything at all.

How about you just stick to singing and get through that awkward phase when your voice breaks… you can also fill more of your time copying Usher’s dance moves.

Justin – your uneducated and frankly out of line comments are not welcome here.

Quotes from:
http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/justin-bieber-talks-sex-politics-music-and-puberty-in-new-rolling-stone-cover-story-20110216

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts? Please leave a comment!