Monday, May 16, 2011

Cheers to the years

I thought I’d do a blog today, this being the last day I will be 25-years-old.

Tomorrow I am turning one year older and tilting even more closer to 30. The thing with age is, for me, I am relishing growing older. I figure that I have so many things to look forward to and things I am yet to experience – I am not fazed by these numbers going up and up each year.

I am also one of those people who live by the rule that age is just a number. Just because I will turn 26 tomorrow doesn’t necessarily mean I must act 26 – I mean birthdays give you unbridled freedom to act as silly as you like don’t they?

And I would say I still feel as though I’m in my early 20s, say around 22. And I’ve been told by people I don’t look my age (thanks!) but much younger… but that may also be thanks to my wonderful dermatologist.


Well this weekend, I intend to celebrate, rather than commiserate my turning 26. I am having a joint get-together with my little brother and a bunch of our friends and family. My little bro will be turning 22 five days after me.  

So to all those who cringe turning older, I say embrace it – it only comes once a year and it’s a great excuse to let your hair down. If it makes you feel better, just knock a few candles off your cake and let that represent how young you feel.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts? Please leave a comment!