Thursday, June 16, 2011

Home inspiration

So as we get closer and closer to our house being built, I am starting to look at certain colour schemes and furnishings that might look good in our new home.

As we are doing a grey/charcoal and white colour scheme (on the interior and exterior) I need to ensure any colours that we are adding to our predominantly cool base are a perfect match and complement our scheme perfectly.

I want to utilise feature walls where possible and include statement lighting to really give the main living areas a real wow factor.


Adding splashes of colour like mustard yellow and aquamarine with blacks and greys really add something different from the norm - I love the below looks. 



We have chosen a dark charcoal tile that will run throughout the entire house, bathrooms/ensuite and alfresco areas, however wall tiles in the wet areas will be white. We have decided against using a feature tile because we think they may date and are trying to keep our 'shell' as neutral as possible. 


I think the use of feature wall paper makes a fabulous statement, especially in an entrance or wall in a master bedroom. I love the patterns, especially stripes, but I think that adhesive wall art also looks really effective.







For little touches, I want to incorporate candles, fresh flowers, rugs, throws, cushions and mirrors where possible to make our new house feel like a home and add atmosphere.







For now it's all ideas... until we can move in around September!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts? Please leave a comment!