Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Top 10 Winter essentials

Being in the thick of the coldest season, I thought I'd share my Winter must haves without which I would be chapped, cracked and simply shivering without.

1. Papaw ointment - I love this for super dry and chapped skin, especially on lips. I use Lucas' Papaw Ointment in tube form because I can tote it around in my handbag or car console. You can grab a tub or tube from any supermarket or chemist.


2. Lavender wheat heat pack. Apart from smelling divine this helps to keep me warm and ward away any muscular cramps. You simply pop it in the microwave for a couple of minutes on high and you're set. It's great to put in your bed before you jump in and warm up the sheets too.


3. A good moisturiser. I like any of the body butters from The Body Shop, but I have sensitive skin so a new find of mine is Alpha Kerri Dry Skin Lotion. It's dermatology tested and suitable for all skin types and perfect for dry skin in the cooler months. Available from chemists.


4. Leather boots - these are my latest buy from Country Road. I think that keeping your feet warm keeps your whole body warm, so I invested in a good pair. Wear with your favourite jeans or tights with a jacket and scarf and you're set!
5. Blanket or throw rug for when you're watching TV or reading on the couch. Those awful Snuggies look horrid - please don't go there.


6. Flannelette pyjamas - I love them! Especially worn underneath a dressing gown for extra warmth. Peter Alexander's new range is gorgeous.


7. Ugg boots or slippers - these are an absolute must have for everyone! My friend bought be a pair of polka dot Grosby ones and I live in them.


8. An overcoat or trench that can be worn over any outfit and keep out the cool. I've got my eye on a Burberry one similar to the one Emma Watson is modelling below.


9. Heat - if you don't have a reverse cycle air-conditioner or an open fireplace, get yourself a small portable heater to take the chill out of the air. But be sure not to leave it on! This may seem obvious but you would be surprised how many homes have been destroyed because someone forgot to turn the heater off when they left the house!


10. Someone to snuggle with! The best way to keep the cold at bay is to share body heat so grab someone and get warm!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts? Please leave a comment!