Friday, July 8, 2011

Put into words

This is a beautiful poem I found online that talks about losing someone you care about. I've struggled with loss in the past, and still do to this day. The words in this poem really resonated with me.

Never a Day


There is never a day, I open my eyes

That I do not think of you someway.

The simplest of things, can trigger a thought

Make me smile or a teardrop.


Each night I look to the sky

There is always one star brighter, that is you.

Life will never be the same without you

Without that hopeful thought, I may see you.


One thing I do know is that I love you

And will always be proud to be apart of you.

So for now its goodnight, not goodbye

I will see you again – I promise.



C. A. Dobinson

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts? Please leave a comment!