Monday, July 4, 2011

Say it with stickers

This is something I’ve wanted to blog about for a while now.

My Family car stickers.

There seems to be a changing trend (you might call it) from the traditional Bad Girl, Magic Happens and frangipani flower car stickers that had previously adorned the back window of many a car, to groupings of ‘My Family’ stickers.


An example of the 'My Family' stickers



I am not someone who has stuck stickers on my cars to make a statement about personal preferences or to say something about the kind of person I am. I don’t like to stick things on anything for that matter!

I am sure you have all seen the My Family stickers I am referring to – little figurines representing husbands, wives, children, grandparents and even pets and they are usually lined up on the bottom LH corner of the back window of a car ranging from tallest person in the family, to smallest *usually the pet goldfish appears at the end.

I totally get that you love your family, but it seems that some people are really trying to outdo others in the family sticker stakes. For instance, one morning on my commute to the office, I saw a 4WD with little figures depicting family members covering two lengths of the car’s back window… does this person actually have alllll those people in their immediate family? Or are they just taking the piss?

I really have to give it to some people who just put one little lonesome figure on their window suggesting that they are single or just happy on their own, like the man who put a sticker representing himself holding a fishing rod, or the woman holding a shopping bag.

Last week when my brother and I were on our way to pick up lunch, we saw a ute with a young guy behind the wheel and the sticker on his car really told everyone what he thought about the whole My Family sticker fad.

The sticker that appeared on his back car window was that of a family of four with a noose around each of their necks and a little sentence appearing above them 'F*$k your family!' emblazoned above them (see below pic). Way to take things to extreme mate (although we did have a little giggle after seeing it).

The car sticker that we saw on the back of a ute on the Gold Coast last week
I don’t think the minute we have a baby that I’ll be rushing out to order a little mummy, daddy and baby sticker for my car. They are kind of cute, but given that every second car on the Gold Coast seems to have them it’s becoming a bit of a joke.

Just saying!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts? Please leave a comment!