Monday, January 30, 2012

Bad-weather baking

Recent wet weather has meant a lot of time indoors. After suggesting to my husband that we attempt to bake some scones he tells me: "I don't know if you know this about me, but I really love scones."

Well, thanks to this bit of information, we spent Friday afternoon baking scones! I've attached the recipe, which was really easy to follow, from Taste.com.au

A pic of our delicious scones

Lemonade Scones

Ingredients

300g (2 cups) self-raising flour, sifted
55g (1/4 cup) caster sugar
125ml (1/2 cup) thick cream     
125ml (1/2 cup) lemonade
40ml (2 tbs) milk

Method

1.      Preheat the oven to 220°C. Lightly grease a baking tray.

2.      Place the flour, sugar and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a large bowl. Add the cream and lemonade and mix to form a soft dough. Turn out onto a lightly floured workbench and knead lightly until combined. Press the dough with your hands to a thickness of about 2cm. Use a 6cm round cutter to cut out 8 scones, place on baking tray and brush the tops with some milk. Bake for 10-15 minutes until lightly browned. Serve warm with your favourite jam.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts? Please leave a comment!