Tuesday, January 3, 2012


I am not one to make a New Year resolution. I don't see the point - why do you need the excuse of a new year to do something good for yourself?

In my opinion, if you want to do something, or change something in your life to make it better, there is no time like the present, no matter what the date.

This year I intend on enjoying one day at a time. Last year taught me that you can never be prepared for loss or tragedy and that it's the special moments that you share with your loved ones that make your life memorable. I just want to make the most of those moments this year instead of being preoccupied with silly little things.

If you told yourself that on January 1st 2012 that you were going to give up smoking, lose weight, take up a course in something crazy, or find yourself a new hobby, then good for you. Seriously, I really hope it works out for you, because there is nothing more frustrating that trying to do something and failing.

I hope that everyone's 2012 is full of special moments and that in 12 months time, you can look back and reflect not on the things that you failed to achieve, but on the things that made your life better - you should try and find the positives in every day.

Happy 2012!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts? Please leave a comment!