Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Can-do, will pash



You’ve got to love the article on the Courier Mail website this morning.

Can-do Liberal National Party leader Campbell Newman has spoken out regarding his public displays of affection if he becomes Queensland’s next premier.

If you’re like me, you’re already sick to death of hearing the political crap on TV and radio with each respective party slagging each other. One thing I have noticed is that Newman’s wife Lisa features prominently in these campaigns (both good and bad).

The article said that Mr Newman hit commercial radio stations in Townsville on Wednesday, where he was asked about the affection he shows his wife Lisa when they are out in public.

He told voters to expect to see more of the same if he wins this month’s election.

 "Well, I love her," he told Mix FM.

"I only have eyes for her. I think there will be plenty of pashing.

"The fact that she likes to kiss me and I kiss her back, I don't think that is the problem.

"I think the problem has been that I've got a hand that tends to go below the waist and that has sort of attracted some interest, far too much interest."

BLAHHHHHH! TMI!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously, let’s be a bit professional here Can-do. You are asking people to vote for you as premier of our fine state – no one wants to SEE you or HEAR you talking about groping your wife’s nether regions.  

I tend to think also, that when I see images of Lisa (although I am sure she’s a lovely lady) she comes across as a bit cray-cray, so god knows what they get up to behind closed doors…

All I can say to Can-do is this: as the daughter of a man who has worked on many a political campaign, I believe that this kind of PR is not necessarily a good thing for your political aspirations. Keep your hands by your side and keep the kisses to pecks, not pashes. 

What do you think?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts? Please leave a comment!