Monday, March 12, 2012

Happy Birthday, Prince Charles

Well today, I am very happy to say, that it is my dog’s fourth birthday today.

It seems like just yesterday that we saw an ad in the Trading Post for Cocker Spaniel puppies bred in the Gold Coast hinterland and decided we wanted to ad to our little family.

Like every other proud parent, I am intending on spoiling my little one rotten. Pig’s ears, new toys, an extra-long walk this afternoon… the works.

Some people blog and gush over their babies, well I write about Charlie.

I will say that this dog is more like a human than most kids his age are. He so much personality that he has a range of different barks so we know when he is scared or angry. He spends 90% of his time inside with us (just how he likes it) and thinks that being put out in the yard is a death sentence.

At 10 weeks old - Charlie was in a GC Bulletin pet feature

He sleeps inside and gets fed breakfast and dinner and has a play routine that works in well with our daily schedules. He asks to go outside and is very accommodating and puts on his best behaviour when we have visitors.

Yes we might sound crazy, but we really believe that this animal is giving us great training for when we have kids.

I am not the only one who dotes over their dog – my old Year 10 science teacher had two German Shepherds that slept in her bed with her… not sure how her husband felt about it, but I think he must have loved it as much as she did. They never wanted children (human children that is) – all they needed was their dogs and they loved them unconditionally.

We would do anything for Charlie, he’s one of the family. Our parents have treated their dogs with the same love and affection and they all lived to ripe old ages, happy til the last wag.

So thanks for indulging me in this little post dedicated to my favourite little hound – Charlie your bark may be loud and your business does stink, but we will forever love you and your crazy ways! 

March 12, 2012





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts? Please leave a comment!