Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Girl crush: Mila Kunis

Mila Kunis gives me girly goosebumps

Ever since I saw the hilarious Forgetting Sarah Marshall, I have loved Mila Kunis. I found her really annoying on That 70s Show, but now, I can’t get enough of her. Yes, I even love her as the voice of Meg in Family Guy

Being the ex-ballerina, I really enjoyed Black Swan – I know it wasn’t everyone’s cup of tea and I thought Mila did a great job of embracing the dark, competitive side of the dance industry.


In a recent interview with Harper’s Bazaar US (their Fabulous at Every Age edition), Mila said her preparation for Black Swan involved her shedding 9 kgs and since then, her body has not been the same.

‘My shape is different. When I got down to 95 pounds, I was muscles, like a little brick house, but skin and bones. When I gained it back, it went to completely different areas. I’d be happy if my arse got bigger. All the weight that left my chest went to my side hip, my stomach,’ she said.


She goes on to say that she would have to think pretty hard if another role came up that would require her to transform her body in such a drastic way. Even so, she’d be up for the challenge.

'I’m not going to say I’d look forward to it, but if an offer came along, I’d do it,’ she said.

When it comes to plastic surgery, the 28-year-old says she is currently adverse to cosmetic procedures, but wouldn’t rule them out in the future.

‘I will not put a needle in my body unless I have a medical reason. But ask me in ten years. Right now, I’m like, “I’m going to embrace it,” but … I’m probably going to want to have something done. I have no doubt,’ she said. 


Apart from her blossoming movie career (her recent movie Friends with Benefits with Justin Timberlake was a hit in theatres and she is has also recently competed the Wizard of Oz prequel, Oz: The Great and Powerful with Michelle Williams, Rachel Weisz and James Franco) she has just been named the new face of fashion house Dior, and shot a campaign for the brand in Paris last week.

I am glad we are seeing more of her in gutsy roles (like Black Swan) and I for one count myself devoted fan. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts? Please leave a comment!