Thursday, March 8, 2012

Digging myself out of a hole

Some days I feel like I get into a rut and I just can’t seem to get myself out of it.

Ruts suck. 

Whether it be writer’s block at work, a fight with my husband, anxiousness caused by a whole myriad of things – it’s very easy for me to get myself into a position where I am struggling to keep my head above water.

For instance this week has been one of those weeks where each day has been an uphill battle.

We had a massive weekend and as a result, I feel as though I’ve had a five-day hangover. In reality I actually have had a five-day hangover. It’s made me feel sick, tired, agitated, regretful and in pain (literally) which has just turned my mood to shit. It has affected my work, my relationships and changed my current view on life from cheery and optimistic to dull and crappy.

I find that when I am in a rut, old things I used to dwell on resurface and things I wish I’d never done seem to haunt me over and over.

So I’ve resolved to do a few things to help myself (to be precise, my mind and body) function a bit better and help enhance my mental state:

a)      flush out my system with green tea and chlorophyll extract

b)      eat as healthily as possible

c)      get tonnes of sleep

d)     start attending Pilates classes / exercise every day if I can manage it

e)      stop nit-picking over minor things other people do that piss me off

f)       breathe more deeply and calmingly

            g)      do things for others

I am hoping that, by this weekend, I will be back to my old self and out of the trenches.

Also, I love this Hemingway quote, which I think will help me on the straight and narrow: 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts? Please leave a comment!